Type in the phrase “buy whey protein online” into google and you would see a list of online stores selling different types of protein supplements.
Bodybuilding.com, a1supplements, hollandandbarrett.com, gonutrition.com, Myprotein.com as well as Amazon are some of the sites that appear on the first page.
What’s interesting is there are no bricks and mortar stores listed, such as any of the top supermarket chains.
Reason for this is could be because lots of people are more comfortable purchasing this type of product online as it gives them an opportunity to thoroughly research what is on offer and have the product delivered straight to the door step.
Also, by purchasing products online you are able to see how others have rated the product you are considering.
Ratings and reviews
This is a major factor we consider whey looking to purchase online. What are people saying about the product, what rating have they given and why.
There may be only 2 products you are considering, one with a rating of 4.62 out of 5 with over 8,500 reviews and the other with a rating of 3 out of 5 with 1,500 reviews. Logic would dictate the one with the higher rating and review would more likely be purchased as more people have tried it and like it. Plus, you can read as many of the reviews as you want on the site.
Buy whey protein online – do a price comparison first
The ability to compare prices between different sites allows us to get the best price for the product we want. Added to this we can search for online discount codes or price guarantees before purchasing.
Other researched topics
With so many brands of whey protein available on the market and each offering something different, below lists other things we can research before placing an order:
- Variety of flavours available – cookies and cream, vanilla, strawberry
- Types of packaging – plastic tubs of powder, foil wrapped packaging
- Quantity to purchase – 1kg, 2.5kg, 5kg
- Shipping – free shipping with minimum spend or free shipping with no minimum spend
- Delivery days – how long would it take from when I order to when I receive my order
- Types of protein powders – whey concentrate, hydrolyzed whey protein
- How to mask the taste – cooking with and drinking protein supplements
- Benefits and side effects of the different types of protein powders
There are so many more things we can investigate online and the more we find, the more knowledge we gain. If we get overloaded with information, there are always forums we can go to and ask specific questions.